Disclaimer

The author of this blog does not advocate hate or unprovoked violence against any group. The purpose of this blog is to provide the very best information regarding philosophy, mindset training, and technique for the Christian Martialist in their broader Biblical, theological and cultural contexts. Nothing posted here should be construed as promoting or excusing hostile speech or acts toward anyone.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

What It Means To Be A Christian Warrior

A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of attending the Sensible Prepper conference in Greenville, S.C. Among the many good folk I met there was C.S., a woman who resonated with my explanation of WARSKYL as a system of self defense built around a core of Biblical principles. As I would discover, she understood what it means to be a Christian warrior.

The next day, she returned to our table with a paper entitled "I Am A Soldier in GOD'S Army". I believe she is the author. I am reproducing it below with some very minor alterations to fit the purpose and philosophy of Christian Warrior Online.

Thou therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. (II Timothy 2:3)

I am a soldier in the army of my GOD. The Lord Jesus Christ is my Commanding Officer. The Holy Bible is my code of conduct; faith, prayer and the Word are my principal weapons of warfare. I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, trained by experience, tried by adversity and tested by fire.


I am a volunteer in this army, and I am enlisted for eternity. I may die in this army, but I will not get out, sell out, be talked out or pushed out!


I am faithful, reliable, capable and dependable. If my GOD needs me, I am there. If he needs me to teach children, disciple youth, help adults or just sit and learn, He can call on me because I am there.


I am a soldier. I am not a baby! I do not need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up or pepped up. 


I am a soldier. No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me or entertain me. 


I am a soldier, not a wimp. I am in place, saluting my King, obeying His orders, praising His name and building His Kingdom. No one has to send flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy or give me handouts. I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for or catered to.


I am committed! I cannot have my feelings hurt badly enough to turn me around. I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside. I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit. When Jesus called me into his army, I had nothing. Even if I die in this war, I will come out better than even.


I am more than a conqueror. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Devils cannot defeat me. People cannot disillusion me. Weather cannot weary me. Battles cannot beat me. Money cannot buy me. Governments cannot silence me, and Hell cannot handle me.


I am a soldier. Even death cannot destroy me. For when my Commander calls me from His battlefield, He will promote me to serve in His heavenly host.


I am a soldier in the army, and I'm marching to ultimate victory in time and on earth, a victory commanded by the King and predestined by His Father. I will not give up. I will not turn around. I am a soldier, marching to the beat of Heaven's drum.


Here I stand. Will you stand with me?

Choose you this day whom ye will serve . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Joshua 24:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment