Disclaimer

The author of this blog does not advocate hate or unprovoked violence against any group. The purpose of this blog is to provide the very best information regarding philosophy, mindset training, and technique for the Christian Martialist in their broader Biblical, theological and cultural contexts. Nothing posted here should be construed as promoting or excusing hostile speech or acts toward anyone.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Songs I Grew Up With: River Kwai Theme

As a youngster, I sometimes got to go to the drive-in theater with my dad & mom. On one of those occasions, we watched "The Bridge on the River Kwai," which featured the Col. Bogey March.

The sight of bedraggled prisoners of war -- ragged, disheveled, but unbeaten in spirit -- stayed with me. The music became a roller rink favorite which reminded me of that scene often through my high school years.

Watch the video; listen to the music; take away the lesson: they can take your freedom, they can imprison you, they can force degrading circumstances upon you, but if they cannot break your spirit, they cannot defeat you.

May God's grace buoy your spirit in and for the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment