Disclaimer

The author of this blog does not advocate hate or unprovoked violence against any group. The purpose of this blog is to provide the very best information regarding philosophy, mindset training, and technique for the Christian Martialist in their broader Biblical, theological and cultural contexts. Nothing posted here should be construed as promoting or excusing hostile speech or acts toward anyone.

Friday, December 30, 2011

From the Barber's Chair: 12-Day Celebration

I sent my barber a link to an article about the traditional distinction between Advent and the 12 days of Christmas (Nativity celebration). Click here for article.

I thought you might like to read his response:

 The Lutheran faith adheres to the church calendar.  We do not say merry Christmas until the Christmas eve service,(even then it's still not correct, but I do it).  It's tough on the children because of the secular influence.  This is one of the reasons I enjoy being "catholic without the guilt."  Which is how I refer to being a Lutheran!  You know I don't have a problem with traditions!  Adhering to the church calendar is attractive to me......


Six and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment