Disclaimer

The author of this blog does not advocate hate or unprovoked violence against any group. The purpose of this blog is to provide the very best information regarding philosophy, mindset training, and technique for the Christian Martialist in their broader Biblical, theological and cultural contexts. Nothing posted here should be construed as promoting or excusing hostile speech or acts toward anyone.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Family Security Tip: Learn How & Where to Watch

In the mid 1970's, we had just two daughters who were about 3 and 5, respectively. My wife and I had accompanied my mother and grandmother on shopping trip, and we wound up in a fabric store.

Although not thrilled to be there, I decided to look for some heavier cloth that might be suitable to use in fashioning some gear. Then my mother came up to me.

"Son, there's a man over there who keeps staring at Donna & Theresa." She had my immediate attention.

I went over and stood by my daughters, crossed my arms and simply stared at the man who eyed them. First, he smiled and nodded. Then, when I did not look away, he became self-conscious and left.

To this day, I do not know what that man's motives were. But I'm glad I played it safe rather than risk being sorry.

I'm also glad that my mom was watching when I had focused my attention elsewhere. And she watched like a bodyguard.

When bodyguards watch, they do not focus primarily on their principle. They look beyond the client to the crowd, scanning for potential trouble.

It's a good skill to develop for when you're with a group in a strange, potentially dangerous situation or for when you're out with small children, at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment