Disclaimer

The author of this blog does not advocate hate or unprovoked violence against any group. The purpose of this blog is to provide the very best information regarding philosophy, mindset training, and technique for the Christian Martialist in their broader Biblical, theological and cultural contexts. Nothing posted here should be construed as promoting or excusing hostile speech or acts toward anyone.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

From the Barber's Chair: Inflammation & Warrior Health


I talked to my barber recently, and he asked me if I've ever heard of turmeric. As a matter of fact, I've been taking a daily capsule of turmeric for some years now.

\Turmeric is a bright yellow spice used in curry. It contains a substance called curcumin which studies have shown to prevent or even treat cancer.

In addition to its cancer-fighting properties, turmeric acts as a natural but powerful anti-inflammatory agent. That's what my barber wanted to tell me about.

He said that within a day or two, taking turmeric cleared up the knee pain he has suffered since his knee surgery some time ago. He now can go up and down stairs with no problem.

Will turmeric help you with chronic inflammation? I'm no doctor, and I don't prescribe. I'm just making some info from my barber available to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment